Date: 15 July 2016
Joint Statement on violations of Rule of Laws by NLD Government in Burma:
NLD must ensure full protection of Rohingya with their genuine identity as indigenous ethnic people of Arakan
We, the indigenous ethic Rohingya people of Arakan State, Burma, living in both home and exile are very much disappointed on undemocratic strategies against Rohingya and entire people of Burma as ruling National League for Democracy (NLD) Government is exercising undemocratic rules and regulation; even ignoring international human rights mechanisms and charters.
Ruling State Councilor of Burma, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi who is also a Noble Peace Laureate and tiled as Burma Democracy Icon was a hope for international community and world leaders that she would play vital roles in making peace in the country with appropriate democratic transition and national reconciliation but she is practicing extreme racism and xenophobic strategies.
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi has forgotten her destiny, when she was in house arrest, while the ethnic Rohingya people in exile were organizing mass protests for her release and to have urgent democratic transition in Burma in collaboration with other ethnic nationalities. As a result, the NLD could achieve its goal in winning landslide victory in 2015 election.
On the other hand, the world leaders and international community were in favor of democratic struggle but now, some quarter, particularly the European Union, is following the directions of racist Daw Aung San Suu Kyi who does not have rights to lead the people on Top-Down leadership which is against democratic frameworks.
We have strong believe that Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and her NLD Government is fully responsible on all kinds of human rights abuses, violence, racism, xenophobia and ill treatments, impunity and undemocratic exercises, while the Racist Lady is moving against Rule of Laws to which she was voicing until occupying her post and government power.
We also identified that so-called Democracy Government is fully supporting toward genocidal actions, extra judicial killings, arbitrary arrests, arbitrary detention, taxations, demolishing of Mosques and worshiping places, unlawful imprisonment, rapes, tortures, confiscation of lands and properties, restriction on their travel of movement, restriction on their higher education, restriction on marriage and family development, restriction of business development.
In this regard, we urge NLD Government:-
1. To stop all kind of tragedies against Rohingya and other Muslim minorities in Burma
2. To urgently stop racist activities of NLD government in line with international standard;
3. To urgently issue National Registration Card to ethnic Rohingya, stopping discriminative National Verification Process as they are bona-fide citizen of Arakan and indigenous by their ancestry;
4. To urgently hold peace dialogue with Rohingya leaders both in home and exile in order to proceed for a peaceful settlement of conflict in Arakan and to rebuild trust and harmony among the people Arakan as previous;
We request to the international community and world leaders:-
1. To boycott relationship with NLD Government of Burma, banning the visit of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, until revealing the truth and practicing full democratic systems under international standard mechanism;
2. To exert effective pressure on Burmese Government to have full democratic and structural changes in Governing system that must ensure equal rights and protection of life toward every citizen with their own identity, especially the Rohingyas of Arakan;
3. To urgently pay attention towards peace and stability in Burma with accurate peace process throughout the protection of Rohingya, disbanding all kinds of human rights abuses, discrimination, xenophobia and violence in all means.
Mr. Zafar Ahmad Abdul Ghani
Myanmar Ethnic Rohingya Human Rights Organization in Malaysia (MERHROM)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
twitter: twitter.com/merhromZafar/ Tel: +6016-6827287
Program Coordinator Rohingya Arakanese Refugee Committee