Myanmar Ethnic Rohingya Human Rights Organization Malaysia (MERHROM) appeal for the 75th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York to find permanent solution to the Rohingya Genocide.
These are the real challenges for the United Nations leaderships as the mandated body to stop the Rohingya Genocide. We have been watching worldwide the impact of Rohingya Genocide but until now the Genocide continue. This meant we have not learnt anything from the Rwanda Genocide. The failure for the United Nations to stop Rohingya Genocide is the failure of the United Nations leaderships and the rest of world leaders in this 21stcentury to restore peace and humanity.The world will be watching who will take the challenge and make a difference to the world.
We really hope the major countries that currently hosting the Rohingya refugees such as Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Pakistan, Arab Saudi to take similar action as these countries have to face many challenges as a result of Rohingya Genocide. We need the significant intervention of the other countries so that we can return home safely when the Genocide is over, our citizenship is return to us and our rights are guaranteed.
We call upon the United Nations Security Council, World Leaders and the International Community to intervene immediately to restore peace and save Rohingya in Arakan State particularly in Arakan State Township now. Delay intervention caused more Rohingya to die at this last stage of Rohingya Genocide.
Pray for Rohingya, Save Rohingya.
In Arakan State now Rakhine State, we cannot speak for ourselves as there will be repercussion on us. Therefore we need you to speak for us. Our liberty has been taken away. Therefore we need your liberty to promote ours.
We look for a permanent Solution to our plight. However we cannot struggle alone. Therefore we need the Urgent Intervention and peace from the outside world to change our fate. We cannot delay our ACTION as it will only allow more Rohingyas to die.
Therefore we urgently Appeal to the Honorable World Leaders , EU, OIC, ASEAN and United Nations Members States countries to appeal for the 75th United Nations General Assembly now (UNGA) in New York to find permanent solution to the Rohingya Genocide.
1. add more pressure to the Myanmar government to immediately stop the genocide towards ethnic Rohingya and also others ethnic in Arakan State Myanmar
2. add more pressure to the junta to recognize ethnic Rohingya as a citizen of Burma with equal rights. The Citizenship Law 1982 must be change to ensure due recognition of the right to citizenship of the Rohingya in Burma.
3. urge the United Nations Security Council must send its Peace Keeping Mission to Arakan State urgently to stop and monitor the human rights violations.
4. We urge United Nations all members states countries fully supporting Rohingya Genocide Gambia filed the case against Myanmar in International Court of Justice (ICJ) and also International Human Rights Organization filed the case in International Criminal Court (ICC) against Myanmar government.
5. stop the economic and political relationship with Myanmar until they resolve the genocide, conflict and recognized ethnic Rohingya as the citizen of Burma with equal rights.
6. the International Humanitarian Organizations must be allowed to provide urgent assistance to the Rohingyas especially for food, medical and shelter.
7. stop referring Rohingyas as Bengalis as we the ethnic Rohingya are the origin people of Arakan State and not the Bengalis.
Mr. Zafar Ahmad Bin Abdul Ghani
Myanmar Ethnic Rohingya Human Rights Organization Malaysia (MERHROM)